Monday, September 12, 2016

Make the Ordinary Extraordinary



One thing I have learned over the last year is observance.  I’ve always been an analytical person but recently started filing away little moments in my head that on the surface appear commonplace.

For example…


Take a couple walking through the grocery store getting their items for the week.  Pretty typical right?  But what else would you see?  The light touch of a woman running her hand down her man’s back or the other pointing out a trivial item on a shelf and they laugh.  There are so many things that could be happening during a run-of-the-mill task that we can take for granted. 

Life pulls us in different directions, our synapsis fire at a million miles a minute tallying a list of errands through our head.  But we are missing some of the keys things surrounding our lives as we are trapped in our smart phones or distracted by a never-ending list that continues to expand in our minds. We are human after all.

Recently I have taken a step back and really taken in life and captured those images in my brain.  I guess it’s an occupational hazard as a new found writer but a necessary one.

Without these small moments there would be no seed to plant.  And without that seed there would be no story to grow.  And without that, well…I would not be able to put those stories to the proverbial paper and MAKE them what I want.

I challenge you this week to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary! For these are the moments to be grateful for.

Please share your extraordinary moments below!

Much Love~
NFG 

No comments:

Post a Comment